Some ideas on what you can do with custom workflows in HubSpot
- Start a personalized email campaign from HubSpot after a document has been opened, reviewed or signed in GetAccept
- Update a customer lifecycle stage in HubSpot based on activity inside a document
- Add a task in HubSpot on a customer or deal after a quote or contract has been e-signed
- Enroll a contact or customer to a stage or list so that a CSM can follow up with an automated email to get started with onboarding
How to setup a workflow based on GetAccept document activity
Let us show you an example where we trigger a delayed email campaign after a contact/lead has viewed one of our meeting presentations sent to them.
Create a new workflow in HubSpot by clicking the menu option Workflows and then the button Create workflow
Name your workflow, select Contact-based and Start from scratch. Click Next button
Click Set enrollment triggers, scroll down and select GetAccept: Document activity
Select the trigger Event Name and choose the GetAccept document events that will trigger this workflow
Click Apply filter. We add another filter on our trigger based on the document name to make sure this is only sent when they opened one of our post-meeting documents.
Save the trigger and continue adding the steps to your workflow using the + buttons. In our example we will put a delay to not seem too eager and then send them a white paper matching the industry of our lead.
Click Review, check if you want any other settings for your workflow and then turn it on and do a test sending.
Make sure you use the GetAccept Chrome Extension for HubSpot to use workflows and receive timeline events.
A successful test of the workflow should look something like this in workflow history
- Workflows only trigger once per contact/lead so during testing we suggest using multiple emails when sending the documents.
- Contacts will always receive event triggers independently of the object you associate a document to (deal, contact, company)
- Use the workflow history to debug a workflow and see that all steps are working
If you get stuck or need any help or advice, please contact the GetAccept support using the built-in chat in GetAccept or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org