When uploading a document you have the option of using our Word Merge feature. With this, you can create a word doc using GetAccept or Word Merge tags to customize them with in-line text.
Below are the steps to create and send out the Word Merge document:
- Create a Word document and place GetAccept and Word Merge tags wherever you would like to place custom text (see below how to use the GetAccept and Word Merge tags).
- Once your document is completed with the tag, login to GetAccept and click New Document in the top right corner.
- To upload the Word Merge document, click Integrations, then the Word Merge option to choose your file with the Word Merge tags in it.
- A window will then appear with the field labels matching the Word Merge tags that you placed in your document.
- Click on the Save button and the document will begin to upload with the populated in-line text.
Word Merge Tags - If you would like to type in custom text, you want to use Word Merge tags. To do so, within your document's text, place a $ to begin the tag, type whatever you'd like the label to be named, and close the tag using another $. It should look something like this $Label_Name$ (use a _ if there is a space).
GetAccept Merge Variables - If you would like to auto-populate the document with data from GetAccept, such as company name or recipient name, place a $ to begin the tag, type whichever merge tag you'd like to use, and close the tag using another $. It should look something like this $recipient.first_name$. List of Merge Variables
You can download an example Word file to test this, here.